Here’s an early Christmas present for you: a new release of Zest Recipe Manager!
The headline feature for this release is improved sharing via email. Sharing recipes with your friends couldn’t be simpler: all they need is an email address. There’s no need to sign up for anything, nor does your friend need any special software. All the important recipe details are included in the email body:
Once your friends see your recipes, though, they may be tempted to try Zest! And if they do they’ll be able to import shared recipes into their own collection by opening the archive attached to each recipe email. Invite your food-loving friends to install Zest so you can swap recipes both ways! We’ve even made this simple with a new “Invite Friends” feature:
On top of these new features, we’ve been working hard on improving recipe importing to make it smarter and compatible with more sites. A big thanks to all users that have requested sites, your feedback has been the driving force behind these improvements, which include:
- Smarter handling of ingredients, especially automatic detection of ingredient groups.
- Support for additional popular sites:
- Support for RDFa recipe markup.
- Better handling of recipe pages that don’t include an appropriate photo (you can skip the photo selection step).
- Fixes for importing from jamieoliver.com and tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/masterchef.
- Other minor bug fixes.
The Zest team wishes you all a great holiday season filled with fun and successful cooking (and eating!). Keep the feedback coming and we’ll be back with more exciting features in the new year!